Thursday, May 25, 2006

I rejoice at the death of no man...

I rejoice at the death of no man, but damn am I glad its been ten years to the day since Brad Nowell of Sublime kicked the bucket. I hate Sublime's music, it's just so bad. It's a shame he died, but boy am I glad I haven't had to hear any new music from him over the last decade. I can hardly believe it's been 10 years since I was that 11 year old in 6th grade rockin' out to "Santaria" at basement spin the bottle parties. Time really flies. It's a real shame he never went on the write more lyrics like this: "So she told me to come over and I took that trip; And then then she pulled out my mushroom tip; And when it came out, it went drip drip drip; I didnt know she had the g.i. joe, kung foo grip." That my loyal readers is true genius. In honor of Mr. Nowell I will enjoy a nice 40oz this evenin'.

2 comments:

March2theSea said...

I agree. I don't get it with them either. You made a good point that it was pretty much "one and done" for them. When I hear their stuff on the radio I am gone. I always chuckle when I see their stickers on cars..part of me wants to say "You are not serious are you?" Sorry to pass judgement but..wow.

The Guinness Tooth said...

I completely agree abou the stickers on cars. When I see a sublime sticker I am pushed by some magical hand of curriosity to pass the car and look at the pathetic excuse for the driver.