Monday, May 01, 2006

I have found my purpose in life.



The Gumball 3000. I try to avoid talking about cars on this blog, because as much as I love them I don't know enough about them to articulate myself. This event, however, may change my life. It is a 3000 mile race, in stages, across Europe, Asia and the US. The first stage of the race should be finished or nearing its finish, it was London to Belgrade. The next stage is Phuket to Bangkok, and finally the race ends with a Salt Lake City to Los Angeles stage. This race (from what I have discovered) is not sanctioned by any actual racing body, and is illegal (or so it would seem) in most areas. A number of teams have been arrested, and have had their cars impounded in Germany, Belgium and other nations. The cars participating include Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Ford GT's, Bentleys, and one Dodge SRT8 pickup truck (driven by Tony Hawk), amongst others. This is my current life goal. Drive in a super car in an illicit street race through Europe, Asia and the American west. Oh the wet dreams to be had tonight.

Update 1: Gumball 3000 Photo Gallery Here
Update 2: Running Commentary on the Gumball 3000 Here

No comments: