Friday, June 09, 2006

World Cup: Game 1, GOOOAAAALLLL

Soccer's back with vengeance. Awesome. Although I've never mentioned it here before, I love the World Cup. Now typically I don't trust sports with off side rules (hockey, soccer, the 7 varieties of football around the world), but I love the World Cup. I had never watched a futbol game prior to the '02 World Cup, but I got hooked. Man I love this game, I couldn't watch it like the Europeans or South Americans do, but I can watch a month of games, and be set for the next four years.

Today was a good game. Germany was all over Costa Rica (or at least they were while I was watching). I missed most of the game, but I saw the first three scores. I must congratulate Klose from the Germany squad, two goals on his birthday. That's got to feel good. I don't really know enough about soccer to go on for long, but expect more from me when the USA plays their first game.

No comments: