Thursday, June 15, 2006

Best of Both Worlds (as sung by Van Halen)

Seeing as my AC is not working in my car, I feel it is imperative that I do something to cool me off whilst driving. First, I've decided to wear only shorts for the time being. I don't like shorts, I like pants, so this is a tough decision for me. Second, I've decided to shave what was amounting to be my first "real beard." I've grown out my facial hair a few times over the last 4 years or so, but I've never let it get any longer than about 3/7s of an inch. Up until yesterday, I was looking at close to 5/8s, and lovin' it. But, I had to do it, it was too hot. My neck was always getting sweaty, and grossing my out. Which left me conflicted. I wanted to have the beard, and I also wanted to remove it. I got it. Half a beard.



I doubt this look will last long, I'm not a big fan of fancy facial hair. I always get annoyed when I see guys with sculpted face pub's. It's a rather simple concept, you have a few options. Side Burn, Mutton Chops, Full Beard, Neck Beard, Goatee, Fu-Man Chu, Mustache (of varying styles, Hitler to Rollie Fingers, everyone is included), or northing. See it's not hard, we don't need to see people with those chin strap things. They are about 4 hairs thick, seems too much trouble to me. Thanks enough me. I've got to go to work and drive my un-air-conditioned car for a couple of hours.

3 comments:

March2theSea said...

u r on to something there...leave it!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anyone walking around like that. It looks pretty cool.

The Guinness Tooth said...

I foolishly shaved the wrong side. I shaved the right side, but if I had shaved the left side I could have driven with the window down and kept my face warm.