Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fricking cars.

This morning I brought my car ('00 VW Golf) into the local dealership to have the blower fan serviced. That's the fan that blows either hot or cold air into the cabin. Well they called me back a few hours later to tell me that I have other problems. I have two leaks in my coolant system, some boot on my right front strut is damaged, and I had a muffler bracket in need of welding. Ok not a big deal, right? Wrong. Blower fan = $600, Strut Book thingy = $350, Coolant leak = "about $905," Muffler bracket = I didn't ask. So I'm not even getting my blower fixed, the coolant and boot thingy are more important, and I can't afford to fix all three (or four). So it's costing me about $1,300, and I'm not even getting the thing fixed that I went in for.

No vacation for me this year. I was going to spend a week back packing in Vermont with my girlfriend. But the cost of supplies was adding up, and I need to return a bunch of crap just to pay for the car. I just want to curl up and weep.

2 comments:

March2theSea said...

time to sell me some of those Sigur Ros 7 inches and stuff...

The Guinness Tooth said...

First thing I thought when I heard the total was... "Time to roll coins, and sell shit on ebay."