Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We all hate ticketmaster.

I have never met a person with a single good thing to say about ticketmaster. I hate them. They are evil. They screw each and everyone of us every time we buy tickets. How is a $9+ "convenience charge" convenient?

I was trying to buy Flaming Lips tickets Saturday morning. I wanted to see them in Boston at the pavilion. I waited around until 10am, like the site said. Then at 10 o'clock what showed up? It was the American Express pre-sale. I had to wait about 10 minutes for that to pass before I was allowed to search for tickets. What did I come up with? About 40 rows back. No f-ing way am I going to spend $38.50 plus a $10 "convinence charge" for 40 rows back. The Flaming Lips are great, but not $50 for shitty seats. I seem to recall ticketbastard pulling this same shit when I went to buy Sigur Ros tickets a few months back. The least they could do is advertise the AmEx pre-sale.

The thing that really kills me is the lack of an alternative. Where else can someone buy tickets? Even if I went to a local Filene's or some shit like that I'd still have to play the "convinence charge." I really really wanted to see the Flaming Lips, but now I'm not going to, because of TicketBastard.

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

i am a new england pats season ticket "wait list" member so they want to offer people waiting "perks". I got an email about tickets for a practice. Sounds fun right...and they are "no charge" nice..right?

go to TM..i have to pay 75 cents per ticket "Service" okay I know its only 75 cents..but still..the other thing..the only to get tickets..via "ticketfast" for 2.50 more.

FFFFFFFFFF OFFFF