Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Movie Theatre Freaks.

This weekend I went to see "Superman Returns" and "The Devil Wears Prada." I thought "The Devil..." was a better movie, but that's not what I came to write about: What I want to know is, why are movie theatre employees such freaks?

You know the people I'm talking about. The creepy foreign kid; the fat security guard with a mullet (and you just don't trust him with a side arm, why does one even need a gun in a theater?); the extra creepy old black janitor; the guy selling concessions that's in his late 30s, but still thinks he is really super cool and that all the ladies want him (also has mullet). That's just the employees, some of the patrons are even worse. When is this whole "goth kid" thing going to end? And, why do "Goth Kids" spend so much time in dirty malls, and dirty movie theatres? You know the kids I'm talking about, they never shop, they just hang out at the mall, but not the nice mall, the dirty one. (Were there too many commas in that sentence?)

The thing about the goth kids doesn't hold true for theatre employees, I can go to the nice art house theatre to escape the goth kids, I can't escape the creepy employees. I think they might actually be creepier at the smaller theatres, only creepy in a whole other, Toblerone obsessed, kind of way.

2 comments:

March2theSea said...

way off topic here..what is the deal with yoru fasting contest?

The Guinness Tooth said...

I covered that back on May 29th. I decided to postpone it until after the summer holiday's. I initially decided to start on Memorial Day weekend, I figured that was a bad idea. I also didn't want to start in the next week, because then it would've been too close to my vacation. After vacation we had 4th of July. There's a big family-ish picnic at the end of July, I'm planing on doing the fast sometime in August. Maybe when I buy my new car and can't afford food I'll fast again. I just want to make sure I can eat come Labor day weekend.