Friday, July 21, 2006

New Blogs.

I've added two new blogs of interest. I'm pretty sure they're both run by the same guy. That guy also happens to be one of the contributing editors for Jalopnik, one of my other links of interest.

First you need to check out Hoopty Rides. This guy is awesome. He is to junk and flea markets as Logan Whitehurst is to music. I doubt you know who Logan Whitehurst is, so I'll describe this guy instead. He collects stuff, but not really. He just buys things that he thinks are cool, and then finds a purpose.

Check out the iPod Case he built from an old German police flashlight. If he mass produced, and sold these, I would buy one. It looks like it's straight out of 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea, with that porthole viewer.

Another iPod related creation is his MegaGiant iPod. I'm going to try and describe this, but you really should read about it on your own for a better idea of what it is. He took an old radio/ turn table cabinet, replaced the radio, installed an LCD monitor, a Mac Mini, a replacement turntable, a microphone, and a whole lot of other crap. He can control the iPod with the buttons that were supposed to be used for the pre-set stations on the radio. The thing is amazing. Once again, another item I would buy if sold to the public.

Jalopy Junktown seems to be more of the same. I has an odd collection of stuff; ranging from a piece on an old Dusenburg to 60's fashion. It's not nearly as entertaining as Hooptyrides, but it is a bit more intelligent. It has sociological commentary that is lacking from the other blog.

Check 'em both out, or at least check one of 'em out.

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

re: your question on making the lala link smaller.

What i did was i found the line of code and in it was the dimenstions of like 300 x 325. I just dropped em down. My settings are:
width="150" height="155"

i may tweak some..but it at least got stuff back in "order"