Wednesday, July 19, 2006

71 Years and Counting.

In case you were wondering, and I know you were, today is the 71st anniversary of the Parking Meter. I would like to say thank you to the great city of Oklahoma* for setting this burden upon the world. If you're anything like me, and I hope you're not, you've probably spent about $200, or so, on parking tickets in the last 24-30 months.

Thank You Oh Grandiose Meter Faerie.


Edit*: Just to clarify, OKC was the first city in the US to install parking meters.

4 comments:

pog mo thoin said...

In college, I used to know people (not me of course) who used to steal parking meters. If your's in Oklahoma (cannot spell that without singing by the way) are like ours in Boston/CT/NYC, then I can tell you how they did it but I wouldn't recommend it. Apparently is it felony ;-)

pog mo thoin said...

Oh sorry - I read to fast and thought YOU were from Oklahoma. You are from CT, where I spent most of my childhood.

March2theSea said...

hey..why do I get some security pop up message every time i view yer blog? GW spying on blogs now?

The Guinness Tooth said...

I think that security pop up is because of the google adsense image I have. And will be taking down.