Monday, August 21, 2006

A couple of things.

I don't think I could imagine a worse weekend for the Red Sox. Loosing 4 straight to the Yankees? Two of those games they should have won, this is a disaster. I have never seen anything like it, at least not from the Red Sox. They are falling apart, along with my heart (sorry to sound sappy, but it's true). They're already 5 1/2 games back, and I don't see them making up that difference the way they're playing right now. Hell, they might as well throw in the towel.

--

It looks like the West African Black Rhino has gone extinct. I had assumed that after the last century and a half we had gotten out act together, and didn't allow for this sort of stuff to happen any longer. Perhaps I'm too optimistic, but I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the Northern White Rhino, of which there are only 4 known examples. I don't know how you can get a species to survive with enough genetic diversity with only 4 examples, but I hope it can be done. From what I've read it seems that political unrest is the main culprit behind the decline of both species.

--

Finally, it looks as if Steve Carell has at last made a funny movie. Little Miss Sunshine is damn funny. I can't stand Steve Carell, it seems as if everything he does is exactly like the last thing he did. The only two exceptions to that rule at the second season of The Office, and this movie. It took him a while to find his stride for The Office, but he did, and he is making it work. This movie is so well written that not even he can screw it up. The film is in limited release for the time being, but if you get the chance to go see it, and you like quirky films, take the time to find a theatre where it is showing. (Off Topic, sort of) Steve Carell will be starring in a forthcoming Get Smart film.

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

what the red sox are going thru now is what I go thru every single season as a bruins fan.