Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Aficionado

*Sorry for the delay, I've been super busy, and I wanted this post to be JUST right.*


Have you ever received a gift that you hated at first? But then you fell in Love with it? Well I did this past Christmas. I was 20 at the time, and assumed my days of over the top Christmas' were over. I have 5 younger siblings, 3 of which are under 10, and I simply assumed their time had come. I was wrong. Sitting there Christmas morning, next to the Christmas tree, was a giant box, with my name on it. I thought it was just a big empty box with a little gift in it; perhaps a new iPod. What it was, was The Aficionado by Haier.



Initially I was disappointed. Why in the hell would I want a mini-fridge, even if it was a very large mini-fridge. But, I grew to love The Aficionado. It is like a child to me. I use it to keep things cool, or cold, and sometimes I even freeze stuff in it. Currently The Aficionado is close to empty. I have been neglecting her. As you can see in the photo it is lacking food. All I’ve got are beverages, condiments and jams.



Aficionado Inventory:
1 half empty 2 liter bottle of Polar brand Birch Beer
1 half empty bottle of Nantucket Nectar Lemonade
2 12oz Carlsberg
1 bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle sparkling wine
1 bottle Wish Bone Romano Basil Vinaigrette
1 bottle Maple Grove Farms Asiago & Garlic dressing
1 jar of Lingonberry Jam, purchased at ikea
1 jar of Cloudberry preserve, purchased at ikea
4 bottle of Nestle water
1 roll of film

And that’s just what is inside The Aficionado, if we explore the surface we come across even more.

1 half empty bottle of Fresca
1 Campbell’s Soup at Hand
1 bottle Kikkoman brand soy souce
2 bottles of McCormick seasoning: Garlic Salt & Cilantro Leaves
840g of Beef Bullion cubes
1 Crystal Light packet
1 package of Lipton Pasta Sides: Alfredo
1 packet of developed film
There is also two cameras, a frog shaped Easter Basket, 7 lala envelopes, and a chopper.



Recently I thought I killed The Aficionado. I was relaxing in the black chair you can see in the photo, and I put my feet up on the white box next to The Aficionado, and suddenly it started making this horrible noise. I didn’t know what I had done, but I was convinced The Aficionado was dying. It wouldn’t shut up, it made this noise for about 15 minutes. And trust, even 15 seconds of this noise was enough to make you leave the room. When it did stop, it only did so briefly. I had to deal with the same noise on and off for about a week. Then one night (Sunday night) I was having trouble sleeping, it was one of those nights where you go in and out of sleep before you fall asleep for good. I finally did fall asleep, only to have The Aficionado wake me up after about an hour of sleep at 4am. I lost it. I was going to kill The Aficionado. I got out of bed in the dark, and was looking for this plug. I didn’t care about my food, errr, water and condiments, it had to stop. In the dark I couldn’t find the damn plug, and decided to just throw my shoulder into the side of the beast. It worked. The Aficionado shut up, and hasn’t made a peep since.



I hope that when I finally move out, which I hope will be soon, The Aficionado will find a place in my new place.

Don't forget to keep up to date with The Aficionado Here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya i am fresh here. I came accross this message board I find It very accommodating and its helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute & assist other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, See You Around