Monday, March 20, 2006

V for Vendetta

Good God was that an amazing movie. I've never been much of a fan of The Wachowski Brothers, but this movie changed my mind. Now I thought The Matrix was good, but neither sequel impressed me much, and I didn't even think The Matrix was as good as so many people claimed. This movie was very well written, amazingly acted and superbly directed. I do believe I will try and see this movie a second time, preferably in an IMAX theatre.

The story of Guy Fawkes has always intrigued me. I remember learning about him in school and wishing he had succeeded. (I've always had a bit of a revolutionary streak in me). Like every kid growing up I wished the bad guys would win just once in the cartoons. Now in this movie V may not be a Bad Guy, but he certainly is not a Good Guy by any stretch of the imagination. But he does win. What he was trying to win is another story, best answered if you see the movie yourself. I would like to guy into the story, but i don't want to give anything away. Just go see it for yourself.

No comments: