Sunday, September 03, 2006

more animals news (mostly good)

I didn't mention this earlier, because I wasn't sure if we were going to keep them, but I got 2 cats recently. They, a male and female (litter mates), showed up at my house about 10 days ago, and have been here since. They're young cats, the vet estimated them to be about 10 months old, and they're house cats. Because we didn't find any "missing cats" flyers around, and because no one claims to have lost cats in my area, we assume they've been abandoned. They are really great cats, and knew to use the litter box immediately (which just proved they were abandoned). The male was bitten on his left hip, so I took him to the vet for shots and anti-biotic's, the female will be checked out next week. I've never had cats before so this is really cool. Until I get them cleaned up and they have all their shots they have to stay in the basement/ garage, so they're biding their time out of sight for now, but soon they will arise from the depths to join the family. We've named the female Snowball, because she is white, and the male The Shadow because he is grayish silver or silvery gray, I'm not sure which one. I'll post pictures in the next few days.

In other animal news some sicko left a dead squirrel in my front yard Friday afternoon. I was leaving my house and saw a white towel balled up in my yard, and paid it no attention. About 40 minutes later my mom called me to tell me there was a dead squirrel in that balled up towel. I don't know if the person that put the squirrel killed it, put it in the towel and dumped it in my yard, or put it in the towel, killed it and dumped it in my yard; but I do know that neither one of those actions sound very wholesome to me. I really hope the squirrel was dead before it ended up in the towel. Binding an animal and then killing it, is just plain perverted. I hope whoever did that gets whets coming to them.

No comments: