Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving

Something about Thanksgiving felt off this year. I don't know if it was because I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving last year (I was in Dublin), or if it was something else. The meal felt abbreviated, the football was lackluster (I can't believe how bad the Lions are), and the day was slow. I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that this year was a boring Thanksgiving. 

It could be that Thanksgiving doesn't interest me the way it interests others. I don't see the appeal of gorging myself, and I never have. Back in June I had a little eating contest with some friends which left me unable to enjoy food for about a week afterward. Sure I won, but it wasn't worth it. I had to walk home hunched over, and my stomach felt like it was ripping open for the next week each time I ate or drank something. 

I actually don't really have anything to say today. I'm simply trying to write on a semi-daily basis so that I don't go months between posts again. 

No comments: