Wednesday, November 19, 2008

False Start

Lets call that a false start. I really want to get on track and start writing more for this blog, but I’m always so busy these days. I’m trying to complete my senior seminar course, I’m looking for jobs both for now and for after I get my degree in May, I want to be more artistic (I’ve come back around to photography, and I want to try stencil art), and I’ve got stuff to take care of in my everyday life. I haven’t even had time for my favorite activity, seeing concerts. I skipped a Sigur Rós concert in September simply because I was too tired to go. About two weeks ago I skipped a Pelican concert that was only about 25 minutes away because, once again, I was too tired. Tonight Stars of the Lid in playing in the next town over, and I really want to go. I’m not usually into that sort of slow ambient type music, but I figure it will be something new to listen to. As it is Eluvium is just about the only ambient band I listen to. Either next week or the week after Boris is playing in Danbury CT, which is over an hour away, but it is a relatively nice drive so I may try to make it out there to see them. I don’t even have any of their music; I’ve just heard so much about them that I think seeing them would be an experience. It is what I did with MONO and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I’ve heard from people I trust that they were good bands so I went to see them, and they became two of my favorite bands ever.

Its late as I’m writing this, after 2:30am, so I’m not going to attempt to squeeze anything more out of this blog tonight. The video I’ve attached is amazing. If you’ve seen it before I’m sure you’ll appreciate seeing it again, and if you haven’t seen it before prepare to be amazed. After you watch it you may want to go to the youtube page where it is hosted and read about how it was created it. It is really fascinating.

2 comments:

March2theSea said...

many of the blogs i read have fallen way off..not sure if the sites I go to just have writers that are burned out some..or just have other things going on.

I bagged a pelican show a few weeks ago as well..but I am gonna do what I can to get to Boris again. They were decent..at least to go to again that is for sure..and its a PVD show..Vs boston so that helps HUGE.

Unknown said...

Maybe it's the economy. Perhaps people don't want to "waste" their time with blogging. Of course I think most people just like to blame things on the economy. I'm currently blaming my headache and one abnormally long nose hair on the economy.