Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Short List

I have this list of bands that I would love to see, but just haven't had a chance to do so. To be on my list the band must be either actively together, or on hiatus, no break-ups allowed. Every now and then I get to take one of those bands of the list for one of two reasons. Either I do get to see the band perform, as in the case of Air and Arcade Fire last week, or the band breaks up, as in the case of New Order last week.

According to a radio interview (and confirmed on his myspace page*) Peter Hook said last week that he and "Bernard [Sumner] aren't working together." This is terribly disappointing. New Order are one of my all time favorite bands. At least my list is shorter by three bands in one week.

More good news includes the fact that no one has been able to corroborate this statement. Maybe he's just talking out of his ass.

*Billboard article.


New Order live in New York 1981.

No comments: