Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well I Missed It.

The past three nights Ryan Adams & The Cardinals were playing at Town Hall in NYC, and I missed each and every show. It was a small venue, and they promised not to repeat songs. I read last week that they expected to play between 70-80 songs over the span of three nights. Eighty songs? I've seen Sigur Ros 6 times, they've been around over 10 years, and I don't think they've 80 different songs over the course of their career. It is times like this that I wish I lived in NYC, and could figure out Ryan Adams' web site better. You should check it out, it's a bit schizophrenic, Ryan-Adams.com. I don't know if he has a mailing list or not, and the way he just seems to play one off shows when ever he pleases I don't know if I'll ever get to see him live. I haven't yet pulled myself to check the set lists for the last three nights. I haven't been to a concert in so damn long, I haven't been in the mood to travel to Boston or NYC, and the only shows in CT have been crap. I'm going to try and see Explosions in the Sky in Boston in February, and I'll try to catch MONO in Boston in April and NYC in May. I saw MONO in the spring of 2005 at an American Legion Hall here in Wallingford, and it was crazy loud. The venue, if you can call it that, was just a big room, it wasn't even that big. I was about the size of the living room and kitchen combined at my old house. I think there may have been 40 people there. After that show, I'll keep on seeing them till that make me go deaf, because they are oh so loud. Now I'm rambling, Goodnight, or Goodmorning.

3 comments:

March2theSea said...

i have my ticket for Mono and EITS..see you there man!! go go go..it will rule.

March2theSea said...

also EITS is in march not feb...

The Guinness Tooth said...

thanks for the heads up march, i didn't realize the show was in march. that was weak, really weak. please someone stop me from ever blogging again.