Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Fountain

I went to see this movie Friday night. I had heard rather mixed reviews about the movie itself. Every professional reviewer completely panned, more or less shit on film. Every individual I encountered that had seen it praised the film. I got the theatre as the previews were about to start, and was afraid I wasn't going to get a good seat. Before going in, I talked to the ticket taker guy (I guess you'd call him an usher), and he told me the last time they showed the movie, 8 out of 10 people left early. Not a good sign. Finally the girlfriend finishes in the bathroom, and I hurry in to get a seat. Whoa. We were alone in the theatre, and it stayed that way. Never before have I been to a movie this empty. This was on a Friday night, the lobby was packed, and I had to wait in line to buy tickets. But, no one but the GF and TGT wanted to watch this movie. The movie kinda sucked. I have no plans to see it ever again, but it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews I read, and it was nowhere near being bad enough to make me want to leave. I don't want to say "I didn't get it" because I think I got it, but there just wasn't much to get about the movie. The story was weak. The budget was obviously too little, at one point they are in the snow, you can hear the snow crunching, but none of the snow moves, and there are no footprints. Would I recommended you watch this movie? No. Is this movie as bad as Darren Arronofsky's first film, Pi? Hell no, I don't think I'll ever see another movies as bad as Pi.

1 comment: