Thursday, December 21, 2006

None of your Business

Not that it's any of you business, but I thought I'd share anyway. Yesterday, after I had made the post about EnglishRussia, I was heading to school to meet with some friends to study for today's exams. After I pumped some gas on the way there I experienced the most painful thing I've ever felt. The left side of my chest hurt like I was being stabbed. The pain was so bad it almost knocked me off my feet, I went weak in the knees. It felt like someone giving me a purple-nurple from the inside out. I ended up having a couple of these little outbursts of pain over the next 10-15 minutes. So I decided I should go to the hospital, something I normally wouldn't do. I'm not a fan of hospitals, I feel weak if I ever have to visit them. It's the same reason I don't take anything for headaches. In fact this was my first visit to a hospital, as a patient, since I bit the tip off my tongue as a 5 or 6 year old, so over 15 years. At the hospital they gave me an electro cardiogram, and some chest x-rays, but they didn't see anything. According to them there's nothing wrong with me. I just hope they're right, I'd hate to drop dead Christmas morning.

The highlight of the day were the people I shared a room with. There was the old couple, Daisy and her husband. Daisy had fallen a few days ago, but because of her alzheimers she has no recollection of it, or why she's at the hospital; then there was the ghetto lesbians, the manly one had been bitten by a spider on her stomach and was in severe pain. Her crying was only interrupted by the occasional scream, making out with her girlfriend or telling the nurse she was "in FUCKING pain." The whole this was wonderful to listen to. The old man kept having to hold Daisy down so she wouldn't fall out of this bed too. And the ghetto lesbians kept yelling at the nurses and doctors. Here's an example of one of their conversations:

Ghetto Lesbo 1 (the one in pain): (in a strong masculine tone) AHHHHH, I'm in FUCKING pain, it huuuurrttss!!!!
Ghetto Lesbo 2: It'll be ok baby
Creepy old Doctor: We don't need any of that in this hospital.
GL2: What??
GL1: (in mousy tone) It was my mouth.

And they more or less repeated that exchange with 2 or 3 doctors and at least 3 nurses.

Aside from the excruciating chest pain it was a good day.

2 comments:

March2theSea said...

whoa..whats w/the spam?!

I had an issue a few years ago much like that and "nothing was wrong". I still wonder what the hell it was.

The Guinness Tooth said...

Damn, I've never gotten any comment spam before, and now three in one day. Looks like I'll have to reactivate that stupid code word thing.