Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Water Damage.

Tuesday morning at about 2am a water main broke on the campus of my university flooding the library. I've got two fairly large papers coming up, and over 55,000 books have been damaged and are being sent out to be 'fixed'. Not only that, but every periodical and journal the school owns was in the basement, where there was over 7 feet of water. The entire children's collection was damaged, and all the micro-film is water logged. They didn't specify, but I'd guess close to 100 have been destroyed. The is currently no time frame for getting back into the library. The upper three floors are open, but they are computer labs and classrooms, only a small number of books are held here. I'm really out of luck when it comes times to write these papers. I was going to need the journals in the basement, but that ideas all wet. Shit, this sucks. I hope tuition doesn't go up.

No comments: