Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, Etc.

I tried so hard last month to make sure I didn't neglect this blog for weeks at a time, but I relapsed. I don't know what it is, but sometimes simply posting a stupid picture, lame joke or link to a youtube video can be too much to ask of me. I could make excuses, I had exams, I got sick, Holidays happened, but the truth is, all of the above happened. 

Christmas was good this year. It was an international affair. Last year I spent Christmas in Vienna, and although I didn't leave the US for Christmas this year the crowd was from all over. We had 5 Norwegian relatives visit us, my cousin had her Egyptian boyfriend over, and my aunt was here with her French-Canadian boyfriend. Aside for the Egyptian guy (I fucking hate him, I'm convinced he is gay and only dates my cousin because he is too ashamed to admit the truth, and she is too desperate to catch on), it was a really good time. I didn't get much worth noting. My girlfriend gave me a new french press. It makes really good coffee, so I've been taking advantage of that. I didn't get much else, my dad got me a good bottle of beer. It was a Hefeweizen from Berkshire Brewing Company. BBC brews small batches of craft beer that are amazing. The best thing is that their beer comes in two sizes, 22oz bottles and 64oz handles. It is awesome. I also got some good music, but I'll go over that in the coming week. 

No comments: