Monday, October 29, 2007

I miss you Red Sox.

I don't know what to think about this years World Series, probably because I didn't get to watch it. Not a single play. I haven't seen any baseball in over 8 weeks. I miss it. Baseball is the only sport I watch regularly. Sure I like watching football, but I've been able to watch that here. I missed last nights Patriots game, but I saw them play the Cowboys and Dolphins. I really feel for Baseball. The Red Sox are in my blood. And something doesn't feel right.

The Red Sox don't win two World Series in four years. They just don't. I know it happened, but how? This is a team for the poets in all of us. This is a team for the losers, and the outcasts. This is a team for people with a chip on their shoulder. This is not supposed to be a team with the leagues second highest payroll. And most certainly this is not supposed to be a team that wins.

At the same time I'm glad they won. I don't want to live the life my grandparents lived. I don't want to fight a world war, I don't want to live in fear of MAD, I don't want to watch the Red Sox become losers again. This team is no longer the team that we all hate as much as we love. This is a team for all of us to love. A team that did its time, and can now win with dominating results. This will be a good century. This will be a Red Sox century.

No comments: