Thursday, August 09, 2007

Busted

One of my many siblings broke the router for wireless internet a while back, which has prevented my updates until now.

I spent the weekend Rhode Island. Saturday and Sunday in the Westerly/ Watch Hill area, and then Monday in Newport. I was camping with my girlfriend and my family at Burlingame in down Westerly way, but spent my time with her. I noticed a few things while I was on vacation.

1. Lots of couples expecting children like to visit Newport. I cannot tell you how many young pregnant women I saw Monday alone. Of those that were pregnant I'd say a good 1/3 to 1/2 where Orthodox Jews from New York.

2. Rhode Islanders love expensive station wagons. I love cars that combine speed, utility, sleeper ability (ie: unnoticed by the five-O), and luxury. In that order. Although I didn't see any Audi RS4 Avants (they don't sell them here sadly), I did see Audi A6 wagons, BMWs 5 Series Wagons and Mercedes-Benz wagons of both the C & E class variety. The highlight of the
weekend was the über-rare Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG wagon. It wasn't the new E63, but it still rocks like no other station wagon does. This is a station wagon with 516ft pounds of torque, 469hp, 0-62 in 4.9 seconds and it was offered with an optional third row of rear facing seats.

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

been wondering where you have been..

when you head overseas?